As expected, Arizona starter Ian Kennedy received the harshest penalty – a 10-game suspension – for intentionally throwing at the head area of opposing pitcher Zack Greinke. Here is a breakdown of the details of the punishments we know at this point.
Punishments for the Dodgers:
- RP J.P. Howell (2 games and fined)
- IF/OF Skip Schumaker (2 games and fined)
- Hitting Coach Mark McGwire (2 games and fined)
- RP Ronald Belisario (1 game and fined)
- Manager Don Mattingly (1 game and fined)
- SP Zack Greinke (fined)
- OF Yasiel Puig (fined)
Punishments for the Diamondbacks:
- SP Ian Kennedy (10 games and fined)
- IF Eric Hinske (5 games and fined)
- Manager Kirk Gibson (1 game and fined)
- C Miguel Montero (fined)
- OF Gerardo Parra (fined)
The Dodgers were also hit with an undisclosed fine for allowing a couple of players who are currently on the disabled list to rush the field and take part in the fracas, which is against MLB rules.
All players have the right to appeal their discipline, so things could still take a while before they completely shake out. Both managers are expected to serve their one-game suspensions on Friday, and L.A. hitting coach Mark McGwire is expected to sit out Friday’s and Saturday’s games.